Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pictorial History

Here are a few pictures of Heather I have taken throughout this process:






This picture was taken the day after Heather's hysterectomy (10/01).













This picture was taken on Saturday afternoon (10/04), the day before her second surgery. Notice how she has lost considerable weight and looks rather wan. This was just before she had a very miserable night.














This was two days after Heather came to ICU (Tuesday, 10/07). I wish I had taken a picture when she was at her most bloated, but it was a rather stressful time and I had other things on my mind.









I included this one to show all the machinery she was hooked up to. She had many other things hooked to her on the other side of the bed too.












They put this "enforcer" on her to keep her from biting through her air tube and to hold it in place.














It was nice to get a hair wash and that nasty "enforcer" off (10/15).














A little bit of exercise with the physical therapists. It is tough trying to keep ahead of the muscle wasting caused by being in bed 24/7. (10/18)















Without the ventilator Heather became quite weak (10/20).



















I took this picture Tuesday night (10/23) after the surgery on Heather's legs and her tracheostomy.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe what her body has been through. Wow. I'm sure it has been awful for you to watch. We're glad to hear the surgery went well. Thanks for the update.