Monday, October 27, 2008

Away from the Hospital

I am taking my first break from the hospital in almost four weeks and am at work today. I took Hannah home last night and will do so again tonight and Tuesday night. I will work today, Tuesday, and Wednesday and be back at the hospital Wednesday night after work. It is hard not to be there with Heather and a little difficult to concentrate on my work. It was good to be home with Hannah though, and she really seemed to enjoy it (though she asked about Heather often). It was really hard to be there and to go through our usual routine without Heather. As always, neighbors and ward members have been very generous in taking care of us.

Heather's sister and parents are with her at the hospital. They said that her night was okay, but that she continues to struggle in getting her bowels to be regular (it is tough with all the antibiotics, stool softeners, and narcotics she has been taking). They took her off the ventilator for a bit this morning, and she seemed to be doing well with it when I called.

No comments: