Monday, November 10, 2008

Thank You

I got home late last night with Hannah to find that people have been quite zealous and extremely generous in their desires to help and be kind to us. I called Heather and we both cried, feeling overwhelmed by all that everyone has done for us. It seems "over the top" to us, and we don't understand. We don't know what to do but to lamely say, "Thank you" to you all. The caring, support, kindnesses, and love mean a lot, big or small.

Heather's sister, Heidi, who came down to Utah again on Saturday (She has taken off work and has come down from Jackson, WY to be with Heather at least four times. She has been at the hospital almost as much as I have, and has been a tremendous help to Heather.), sent me the following in an email this morning. I thought you all might be interested.

Hi Mark, I just had a few things to tell you. For one thing they took the ventilator out of Heathers room last night! Which I thought was a really great sign, not to mention there is more room now. Also Heather said yesterday : "I think I'm getting better". I asked her if that was the first time she really felt like that and she said yes. Not sure if you know this but she also told me she doesn't remember the days between the hysterectomy and going to ICU at all. She doesn't remember all that bloating and pain, which I think is a good thing.

No comments: