Saturday, November 15, 2008

No New Is Good News

I have very little to report today, and I consider that a very good thing. My greatest desire is that this blog will become extremely boring because all I will have to say is that she is doing great.

With the exception of some sluggishness in the bowel department, Heather has continued to do quite well. We are looking forward to tomorrow's dressing change, hoping that the grafts on her legs will look good. We really hope that they will be adhering nicely and that they will look healthy enough that she won't need to have any more grafts done. We would also really like to get her tracheostomy tube out. I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mark and Heather Beecher said...

I am trying to use the blog as a history for us and realized that I didn't talk about what happened last night. After eating last night Heather began feeling nauseated. She hadn't had a bowel movement in several days and just wasn't feeling very well. In the midst of all this the nurse came in to give Heather several medications (pain meds, stool softeners, etc.) through her feeding tube. This involved several large syringes full of liquid. All of that in her belly did not sit well. The nausea became intense, and she ended up throwing up all of her dinner. She also finally had a bowel movement and felt better than she had all day.